10 Reasons Why You Should Like Kanye West
1. He’s a genius- Kanye's work as a songwriter and producer have made him known as one of the best hip-hop MCs in the game. He has been called a genius before
2. He loves his family-Kanye has written multiple songs about his family and how much he loves them. Whether it's "Only One" for his daughter North, or "Hey Mama" for his late mother, Kanye finds a way to write a beautiful song for the people he loves most.
3. Kanye never forgot where he came from. Kanye always reps Chi-Town, whether it is mentioning Chicago in his songs or trying to create jobs for the city's youth
4. Kanye is more than just a talented rapper and producer. He started a successful record label called GOOD Music that signed stars like John Legend and Big Sean.
5. He is self-confident Or at least just self-centered. Either way one thing is for sure, you will never love Kanye as much as he loves himself. As Kanye has said, "I am God's vessel. But my greatest pain in life is that I will never be able to see myself perform live."
6. He makes mistakesThough Kanye thinks he is God's vessel, he also makes mistakes like the rest of us. Some of his mistakes have been huge mistakes, however, like interrupting Taylor Swift's acceptance speech at the MTV Video Music Awards.
7. After Beck won best album over Beyonce, Kanye walked up on the stage and was basically joking about the whole t swift thing while going up.Afterwards he said "So, the voices in my head told me go, and then I just walked up, like, halfway up the stage... But I just didn’t really want to take away from Beck’s moment, or the time he’s having to talk. It was kind of a joke–like the Grammys themselves."
8. He gives credit to whom he feels should receive it-On three different occasions Kanye felt he didn't deserve the award he won and asked the musicians he felt did deserve the award to come up and give a speech.
9. Kanye has a great smile- When the camera catches these rare moments, you can really see that West is a kind hearted person (acts tough after)
10. After his first album "The College Dropout" took home the Grammy for Best Rap Album in 2005 Kanye gave a powerful acceptance speech about the car crash that almost took his life.